Change your username/password
You can change your username and password at anytime to protect the security of your account while using our email faxing capabilities. To change your password, log in to your account with your username and password. Once you have logged in, click Send2Fax and then click the Settings icon located at the top of the screen. Click the General Settings tab and enter your new username and/or password as desired.
Update your credit card/billing information
To update your credit card information, login to your account and click on the "Billing" icon. Then click on the "Update credit card information" link. You will see the credit card(s) you have on file. You can add additional cards that will be used if your primary card fails.
To add a new card, select "Add Additional Card" at the top of the page. To edit an existing card, click the "Edit" button next to the card. Our system requires that active accounts have a valid credit card on file. In order to delete the existing primary card, you will first need to add a new card and select "Primary".
The "Update Card" or "Add Card" buttons will not be active until you have entered the required information. Once you have submitted the form, you should see the updated card information, letting you know that your update was received.
Please note: We do not accept Discover cards.
View your monthly invoices
At the end of each month, Send2Fax will bill your credit card for any email faxing charges incurred during that month. Once your invoice is available for viewing, you will receive an email notification. To view a list of invoices posted to your account, log in to your account via the Send2Fax web interface and click on the Billing icon located at the top of the screen. Then choose the View Invoice List option. You can click on any one of the invoice numbers listed to view itemized charges for that
When viewing the invoice online you can also use your browser’s Print function to print a hard copy for your records. Please note that on all Corporate Plan accounts, only the Account Administrator’s login has access to this area.
Send a fax via email
Email faxing is as easy as sending an ordinary email. Just enter the destination fax number as follows: email@example.com, where destinationfax# is the number you wish to fax TO. For example, if you are faxing to someone at 888-555-8888, you would address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, simply type a message in the body of the email (optional), attach any documents for faxing, and hit SEND. You can view an actual email faxing screen shot for further instructions.
Send a fax via the website
You can send a fax via the secure online interface by logging in to your Send2Fax account with the username and password for your account. Once you have logged in, click the Send2Fax link, followed by the Send2Fax icon located at the top of the screen. Complete the online form and upload the files that you wish to fax. When you are finished, hit the Send Fax button. If you need assistance during each step, Help areas are available throughout the Send Fax page. Learn more about email faxing through our Web2Fax solution.
Control/manage incoming fax notifications
If you are not receiving confirmation of faxes that have been sent, check to make sure the account settings are set up properly for your account. By default, we will send a notification after your fax has been completed and again if the fax transmission failed. You can conveniently control the type and frequency of incoming email notifications that you receive within the Account Settings area of the Send2Fax Web site.
To manage notification preferences for your account, log in to your account at www.send2fax.com, click on Send2Fax, and then click the blue Settings icon at the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Under the Outbound Settings tab, set your Email Notifications preferences. Click Update Outbound Settings at the bottom of the page when you are finished. All notifications will be delivered to the primary email address associated with your account. You can also change the primary email address at any time under the General Settings tab.
Set up your email faxing account preferences
In order to set the preferences for your new account, you must first have signed up for the Send2Fax service and received your log in information and fax number via email. To sign up, please complete and submit our online set up form. If you have established a new account already, please follow these steps
- Log in to the Send2Fax online interface with your username and password.
- Click the Send2Fax link.
- Click the Inbound Settings tab
- Inbound File Format – Choose either PDF or TIF
- Inbound Fax Delivery: - If you want to receive faxes in your email, choose the Web Inbox AND Email option. You will see the email address you provided on the sign up form is listed as the Primary Address. If you would like to change the Primary Address, you will need to update the General Settings tab. You can also add a Secondary Address so when a fax comes in to your Send2Fax fax number, it will be delivered online and sent to BOTH the Primary and Secondary email address. If you would like to retrieve the faxes on the website only, choose Web Inbox ONLY. If you choose the Web Inbox ONLY option, you can still receive an email that will notify you when a fax has been delivered to your Inbox. You can choose the frequency of these notifications by selecting the Inbound Fax Notification Frequency at the bottom of the page.
- Online Fax Storage – Any faxes left sitting online (weather in one of your folders or the Trash) for more than 30 days, will incur a fee of $0.01 per fax per month. To avoid these storage fees, you can choose to Automatically delete faxes by entering 30 days or less in the box
- Once all your Inbound Settings have been set, click the UPDATE INBOUND SETTINGS button at the bottom of the page
- Outbound Settings tab
- Email to fax security – If you would like to require that a password be provided when sending faxes via email, you will select Password protect with and enter your password in the blank space. If a password is entered here, when sending a fax via email this password (and only the password) should be entered in the subject line of the email. The system defaults to Do NOT password protect.
- Document Handling – When sending a fax via email, you can choose to Fax Email Attachments, Fax Email Body and you can choose the resolution of the fax (Fine will cause the fax to take longer to transmit to the fax recipient).
- Email Notifications – When completing email faxing, we can provide two types of notifications: first, an Acknowledgment, where we will let you know that we received your request, second, a Delivery Status, where we can let you know weather the fax was successful or not.
- Valid From Email Addresses – Here is where you will list all the authorized email addresses that you would like to give access to your service to send faxes via email. Enter one email address at a time next to "New" and click Update.
- When you are finished, click Update Outbound Settings.
Supported file formats for sending faxes
You can upload or fax the following document types:
Adobe® Acrobat® PDF
Group 3 TIF Image
Rich Text Format (RTF)
Graphic Interchange Format (GIF)
Portable Network Graphic (PNG)
Access Snapshot (SNP)
Add new fax numbers to your account
You can conveniently add fax numbers to your Send2Fax account via the online interface at www.send2fax.com. Note: this option is only available to enterprise-level clients. To learn more about this feature, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
Once you have logged in to your account, please follow these steps.
- Click the Send2Fax Administrator link
- Next click the User Administration link
- Assign a new username and password for your new number, and when finished click Add new user.
Note: only the account administrator will have access to this area of the interface. If you do not see the Send2Fax Administrator link when you first log in, you have not yet been authorized as an administrator or you do not have an enterprise-level account. To request one, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disable the cover pageTo complete email faxing without a cover page, log in to your account via the Send2Fax Web interface with your username and password. Once you have logged in to your account, click the Send2Fax link and then the Settings icon located at the top right-hand side of the screen. Click the General Settings tab and then un-check the box that says Include a cover page with each fax? to disable the cover page.